** EDITED** – I have now added a static page for Dutch Auction Studies , updated every Monday – Right Side under ‘PAGES’ or click here
It’s Monday, Dutch Auction update day of the week! If you are just joining us here, I’ll re-post the rules just for you:
Definition: A Dutch auction is a type of auction where the auctioneer begins with a high asking price which is lowered until some participant is willing to accept the auctioneer’s price, or a predetermined reserve price (the seller’s minimum acceptable price) is reached. The winning participant pays the last announced price. This is also known as a “clock auction” or an open outcry descending-price auction.
This selling format is used for studies in oil or graphite from my studio.
1. New paintings/drawings are listed Mondays as they are available.
2. Painting prices will decrease by $20 weekly, every Monday, until they are sold, or reach a predetermined, undisclosed, reserve price and taken out of the auction. No pre-bidding.
3. Purchases will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis, with email notification to myself, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Shipping is additional cost, determined by your location. Email me for an estimate prior to your purchase.
5. Taxes – Ontario Residents add PST & GST to sales. GST only to other provinces. US or other countries are tax exempt.
6. Payments – I accept paypal, cheque and email bank transfer. Dutch Auction Paintings will also listed on my Etsy Gallery. Paintings will be shipped only after payments have been received.
think that’s it..It’s a bit of a risky game, bid now ..? or wait too long & you might miss out on one painting you really like…Cantering Warmblood Foal Sold last week via the Dutch Auction..thanks to Lisa in Peterborough, Ontario!
Eye Study II is SOLD
Questions? want to bid? Email me, email@example.com
I’m almost done my oil commission of Beckon ~ stay tuned for a blog update this week!